What makes you happy? And as easy as this questions seems, if you really think about it – close your eyes and think about it now – the answer might be not that easy. What was the first thing that came to your mind?
Was it something that means a lot to you?
Was it something simple?
Did you think about something you need to be happy but missing at the moment?
For everyone it can be something different. Love, Health, Money, Family. But maybe also things like the smell of coffee in the morning. The first rain in summer. Sleeping in.
I’ve asked people I’ve met while traveling the world, and here are their anwers:
What makes YOU happy? Maybe you already know the answer. So make yourself happy. With the small things and the big things. And stop doing things which aren’t making you happy. Say goodbye to all the negative stuff. And yes, this applies also to people. And then when you’re happy, deep inside you and around you, it will be easier to make other people happy. And wouldn’t that make the world a better place?
What makes me happy, you ask?
(No guarantee for completeness and in no particular order)
- My friends and family
- All of you, because you’re crazy enough to read this blog
- The smell of fresh coffee
- The smell of freshly baked cookies
- The first warm days in spring
- Diving (with sharks)
- When I wake up before the alarm rings
- To stare on water
- To take pictures
- To bury my toes deep into sand
- Pina Colada at the beach
- A gentle breeze in the mountains
- Hand written stuff
- Hot chocolate
- The last few warm days in summer
- The sound of rain on a window
- Laughing until my face hurts
- To spend the first day of a new year with good friends in pyjamas on my couch
- Road Trips
- Glittering snow and scrunching snow
- Lakes and rivers and oceans
- A good book
- chick flicks
- Popcorn at the movies
- To think about what makes me happy and to know that there are so many more things but I just can’t think of one more right now