2014 was a good year, maybe even one of the best ones so far. I’ve done a few amazing things and some stupid things. I’ve seen a lot and I learnt a lot. These are the things which come to my mind when I think about 2014:
- Making plans is useless, things never turn out the way you expect (but I already knew that)
- Travelling on your own is amazing and I need this
- Diving is my happy place
- I’m not afraid of sharks
- There is the perfect beach
- When three girls are sitting on the beach and calling each other “assholes” they might love each other a lot
- Namibia and Mongolia have more in common than I thought
- You don’t need a GPS in Namibia
- I love city trips, especially when I’m travelling solo
- I fancy fancy cars
- It doesn’t look too stupid when I’m singing in the car
- Bavaria is okay as long as I don’t have to go to Munich
- I still don’t really know how to ski but I do kinda like that Aprés-Ski thing
- I like pretty snow
- I like deserts (and dessert)
- You shouldn’t put a suitcase behind a car, unless you remember to take it with you
Read about the suitcase story here.
- A lot of people think it’s interesting, that I do love Brandenburg
- Skydiving isn’t as boring as I thought
- Although I haven’t been sick in years it can happen
- And sadly this also involves sea sickness
- Scotland makes me cry
- Paris is still beautiful
- Burning Man is kind of weird but in the same time amazing, that’s why I want to go there again
- Sometimes a person I called a douchebag before turns out to be actually a cool guy
- Mud masks from the Dead Sea are fun
- Sometimes friendships are changing and some stay forever
- I can live without Paul (my beloved Lupo who chose a gearbox damage over me)
- Sometimes I want to hide in my comfort zone and that’s okay
- To say no and lose money because of this is a lot of fun, when you can afford it
- German villages are amazing
- There are still people out there who surprise me
- Myself included
- You can be chicken-hearted and an adventurer at the same time
- The italy bagel in the Marktschenke in Tübingen still tastes as good as it has ten years ago
Tübingen is the most beautiful place in Germany (IMO)
- Nuremberg is cooler than I though
- It’s the small things, I love about travelling
- Yahoo Travel thinks I’m a real person and you should follow me on Instagram
- Sometimes you need a break to get back energy for new stuff
- There’s no place like home. Sometimes.
What did you learn from 2014?
*Inspired by the beautiful Sophie from Saints on a Plane
I learned that you can’t NOT sing Frozen when the songs come on. I watched that video through its entirety and sang along. Couldn’t stop myself.
haha <3 AMAZING! 😀
Herrlich! Ich mag den Wechsel zwischen Freundschaften und dem Alleine sein und zwischen dem Unterwegs und Zuhause sein. Am Ende macht’s die Mischung und wie man sich die Welt macht, die einem gefallen soll. Weiter so! Tanja
Genau die Mischung macht das ganze eben auch für mich so interessant. Dadurch kann man alles viel eher schätzen und genießen. Danke dir!
Love your humour and this list! The first one with plans are so true! I find it useless too, and usually book my trips a few weeks or days before I leave. And I take things as it come. I learn this too, during my travels. That mud masks from the Dead Sea are fun, I can also relate to. I look forward to follow your travels in 2015! 🙂
Aww, thank you!!!! Happy me <3
Great list! Totally agree the with the whole travelling alone thing – people are great to travel with too but the freedom of travelling alone is fantastic.
Thank you!!! Happy you liked it 😀
Aw thanks Yvonne!!
Love this list, so great 🙂 And love the car singing 😉 xx
<3 Thank you for the inspiration :D
“#28: Sometimes I want to hide in my comfort zone and that’s okay”
I could’t agree with you more. After extended periods on the road and forcing yourself OUT of your comfort zone, a little IN time is where its at!
Exacty 😀 But right now I’m soooooooooooo ready to leave my comfort zone again 😀 flying to Thailand in about two weeks!! Can’t wait 😀
First of all, LOVE that your blog is in Deutsch and English. Respect. Secondly, #12 on this list. YES!!! I thought I was alone in this feeling till now!!
Feel free to drop by anytime http://truthandtravels.blogspot.com
Love your humour and this list!
Travel is constantly teaching us new lessons … that’s why I can never stop!
Great Blog and true life belong to travel the world