12 Best Travel Quotes – From the Movies0
Travel quotes have always been an inspiration for me. We all know these “not all those who wander read only one page with a single step” travel quotes. And yes, I do like them, and some of them are really inspiring. But movies can be even more inspiring. There are movies like “Amelié” which made me want to live in Paris, or other movies like “Out of Africa” which was the catalyst for my obsession for time travel. I even found travel wisdoms in “Fight Club”. And there are some amazing travel quotes in these movies.
THE beach from “The Beach”
Here are my favourite travel quotes – from the movies.
Some of them may encourage you to rethink traveling and how you travel and some of them may just make you laugh.
1. “You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O’Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?”
Edward Norton in “Fight Club”
2. “Paris is always a good idea.”
Audrey Hepburn in “Sabrina”
3. “I told myself spreading news was part of a traveler’s nature, but if I was being completely honest, I was just like everybody else: shit-scared of the great unknown. Desperate to take a little piece of home with me.”
Richard in “The Beach”
4. “Wandering around our America has changed me more than I thought. I am not me any more. At least I’m not the same me I was.”
Ernesto Guevara de la Serna in “Motorcycle Diaries”
5. “I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up.”
Jack in “Titanic”
6. “We do not follow maps to buried treasure and X never, ever marks the spot.”
Indiana Jones to his students in “Last Crusade”
7. “What do you expect from a place where men wear sandals?”
Chuck Bass in “Gossip Girl”
8. “English, who needs that? I’m never going to England”
9. Miner’s Wife: Are you two looking for work?
Ernesto Guevara de la Serna: No, we aren’t looking for work.
Miner’s Wife: No?… Then why are you traveling?
Ernesto Guevara de la Serna: We travel just to travel.
From “Motorcycle Diaries”
10. “There’s no place like home”
From “The Wizard of Oz”
11. Vincent: Yeah, baby, you’d dig it the most. But you know what the funniest thing about Europe is?
Vincent: It’s the little differences. I mean, they got the same shit over there that we got here, but it’s just…it’s just there it’s a little different.
From “Pulp Fiction”
12. Charlotte: Let’s never come here again because it would never be as much fun.
From “Lost in Translation”
What are your favourite travel quotes and what are your favourite travel movies? Any quotes you want to add?
If you liked this post I bet you’ll also enjoy my 15 Best Music Quotes About Travel!