What makes you happy?39
Are you happy? In general and generally? Deep inside you and around you? And if yes: how wonderful! And if yes: why? And if no: oh no! And if no: why?
What makes you happy? The things which make you smile? The small and the big ones? The things which feel good? And taste good and smell good and sound good?
And as a new year has just begun, and for new years you make resolutions, and for a change I just want you to have one single resolution. Make yourself happy. With the small things and the big things. And stop doing things which aren’t making you happy. Say goodbye to all the negative stuff. And yes, this applies also to people. And then when you’re happy. Deep inside you and around you. It will be easier to make other people happy. And wouldn’t that make the world a better place?
What makes me happy?
(No guarantee for completeness and in no particular order)
- My friends and family
- All of you, because you’re crazy enough to read this blog
- The smell of fresh coffee
- The smell of freshly baked cookies
- The first warm days in spring
- When I wake up before the alarm rings
- To stare on water
- To take pictures
- To bury my toes deep into sand
- Pina Colada at the beach
- A gentle breeze in the mountains
- Hand written stuff
- Hot chocolate
- The last few warm days in summer
- The sound of rain on a window
- To spend the first days of a new year with good friends in pyjamas on my couch
- Road Trips
- Glittering snow and scrunching snow
- Lakes and rivers and oceans
- A good book
- chick flicks
- Popcorn at the movies
- To think about what makes me happy and to know that there are so many more things but I just can’t think of one more right now